Due to its British School Overseas status recognised by UK’s Department for Education, Transylvania College is the only Accredited Member of COBIS in the region.
It is also the only Cambridge accredited school outside of Bucharest. We offer the best value for money compared to other accredited British international schools in the country. Our school has been chosen by families from around the world (our community represents 34 countries) and it is the only institution in Cluj-Napoca offering a complete educational track, from nursery through high school. As of September 2013, Transylvania College is the only international boarding school in Romania.
Fees and Payments
The school offers the parents a choice between an enhanced Romanian Curriculum and the National Curriculum of England. The difference in fees between the two lines is given by the different costs incurred from offering each of these programmes; the school fee is based on the actual expenses for each line (enhanced Romanian curriculum and English curriculum). The fees are communicated to the parents on a yearly basis, once the school contracts for the next academic year are released.
In primary and middle school the students have the option to enrol in classes that follow the Romanian National Curriculum or in classes where teaching is based on the National Curriculum of England. In high school, students study according to the curriculum offered by Cambridge International Examinations, in preparation for IGCSE and A-Level exams. These qualifications are designed by The University of Cambridge in the United Kingdom, are recognised worldwide and are renowned for their academic rigour. Subjects are taught in English, except for foreign languages and Romanian classes for native speakers.
Nursery & Kindergarten - 1-5 Years Old
- Extended Hours: 15.100 lei (RON) a Year
Primary School, Romanian Curriculum
- Grade 0 (pregatitoare): 16.650 lei (RON) a Year
- Grade 1-4: 17.950 lei (RON) a Year
Primary School, National Curriculum of England
- Reception: 23.200 lei (RON) a Year
- Year 1-6: 29.700 lei (RON) a Year
Middle School, Romanian Curriculum
- Grade 5-8: 19.750 lei (RON) a Year
Middle School, National Curriculum of England
- Year 7-9: 31.500 lei (RON) a Year
Cambridge International High School
Included in the Tuition Fee
- School supplies and resources for kindergarten, Lower Primary and Upper Primary
- Student Planners for primary and middle school students
- Enrichment Activities for primary and middle school students - a variety of clubs offered from 3:15-4:00 PM, Monday-Thursday
- Access to the “Leader in Me” curriculum and resources
NOT Included in the Tuition Fee
- Enrolment Fee of 450 RON - payable once, upon enrolment, non-refundable
- Assessment Fee of 50 Euro for candidates applying to Middle School or High School
- The deposit of 500 Euro in case the child is enrolled for the first time in School (from 1st Grade/Year 2), or the deposit of 250 Euro in case the child is enrolled for the first time in Nursery, Kindergarten, K-Stars (grade 0 - ”pregatitoare”), Reception or Year 1
- Meals 17 RON/day for Nursery, Kindergarten, Lower Primary School [Reception, Year 1, grade 0 (pregatitoare, grade 1)]
- For children from 2nd grade/ Year 3 up, through high school:
- lunch is provided in the self-serve school restaurant, where students are offered a variety of freshly made dishes; students also have the option to select fruit and dairy, and salad from the free salad bar
- parents are provided with a detailed list of all the food ordered by the child, at the end of the month. The bill for the lunch services is issued according to this list, linked to the student’s personal ID.
Also not included:
- School supplies for middle school and textbooks for high school students, uniform, special notebooks or exercise books
- After-School Clubs offered by Transylvania College Leadership Academy (including swimming)
- Summer camps
- Fees for any external exam